Friday, March 2, 2012

Yankee Ingenuity,,,,

Jake has his weight station all put together... now he just needs a bar and weights! They come separate. 


Ya... look at that big, strong Marine! Woot-woot!


So today... I wanted to sew up a pillow case for this ugly pillow. I was just going to use some plain tan fabric that I have here... BUT...


...when I was walking to the post office this morning I ran across a "FREE" clothing rack! I quickly pushed aside the idea "clothing" and thought, "FREE FABRIC!!!!!" I grabbed some stuff that I knew I could do something with... and headed back to the house.


There was a brand new pair of corduroy pants on the rack, so I cut off both legs and came up with two pieces that were JUST the right size to cover the pillow! 


My friend Katie inspired me when I saw some clever pillows that she made for her living room... so I thought I'd give it a try!


I tested a little piece to make sure I could actually sew on letters with the machine...


...and I ended up with a cute pillowcase that says LOVE! It's not perfect by any means...! But compared to that old nasty pillow... I'll take this any day!

4 Comments:

Krys said...

Very Cool!!!

Jordan said...

That is so CUTE Britt! What a neat idea!

Laurel said...

That's a great idea! Gonna have to try doing something like that.

Laurel

laurelscrazylife.blogspot.com

RinskiiJoy said...

Britt! This is Rachel Burks. 'Member me? ^_^
It is so crazy that you're all grown up and married and what-not! Congratulations btw. :) The two of you are a loverly couple. ^_^ <3 <3

RinskiiJoy.blogspot.com

Post a Comment