Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sunshine!

It was about eighty degrees today. Beautiful! We woke up and instead of going on our normal two mile run, we ran to Walmart to grab a workout station Jake has had his eye on for a while. It's a weight lifting bench that's pretty nifty. I'll have to upload pics once he puts it all the way together.


 He also bought this neat pulling-type "machine" that goes on over a doorway. It's great for working out your arms and legs... I used it today and it's REALLY neat and I can tell it will be beneficial for both of us!


 He's also been wanting more weights, so he picked himself up some 40 pounders and me... ya, the smallest ones! They're 10 pounders and just perfect for my little body!


This is our pull-up bar. He is having me work on my pull-ups... which I can now do eight in a row on a good day. I usually work in sets though. I do 5 pull-ups, get down and do a set of push-ups, get back up and do more pull-ups, then more push-ups, etc.


Some of the time we do the Navy Seal workout DVD... which is really great! And then when I feel extra motivated, I might workout with my DVDs when Jake's at work. But... that doesn't happen much, haha!


Mama and Papa Jon Ingerson sent Jake and I a "care package" last week and also some money for me to build up my sewing supplies. I don't have hardly ANY crafting supplies yet, so today I bought a cool magnetic pin holder, a cute pink and green seam ripper, a cheap glue gun and glue sticks, some thread and then some fabric. I still have more things I'd like to buy, but this was a quicker Walmart trip. I'm just excited for what I got! It's SOOO fun!


Another amazing thing happened today! I was taking a walk when I saw this chair... along with a few other things on the side of the road. Being the dumpster diver I am... I knocked on the people's door and they said everything was FREE!!! I've been looking for a chair for my sewing machine (I was previously sitting on a tote with a fluffy pillow) and was extremely excited to find this chair! THE LORD IS GOOD!


I also grabbed these two laundry baskets which I will definitely put to use around the house!


I'm going to eventually sand down and re-finish the sewing machine and chair. I'll probably stain the wood a pretty color and make it "fun" for my craft room! I can't wait to get started on my craft room! It's going to be BRIGHT and CHEERY and FUN! 


Ahh yes! Branches! I found these on the side of the road as well and am hoping to make a paper tree like...


...this!


Or this....


Maybe even like this... I'm not sure yet. I think I'll need to find a few more similar branches, but I'm working on it at least!


And the last picture... the chair at the sewing machine! That's all for tonight, folks! 

2 Comments:

Jordan said...

Yay! I'm sooo glad you all have a blog! It's so fun to keep up with people that way! Oh Britt... 80 degrees! I hate you! ;) No, just kidding... and we have actually been getting 50-60 degrees here so the winter has actually been more tolerating this year! Oh all your excercising stuff looks awsome! I have gotten sooooo behind on excercising now that you are gone! :( Time and place are my enemy. And your craft room looks sooooo FUN!!!!!! Oh I can't wait to see the finished product!!! Maybe I can see it in person sometime! Love all the pictures!
Hi to you too Jake! Hopee you both have a great weekend!

Abby Comstock said...

Oh Britt! That looks so fun! I wanna make a tree now! Cute cute cute.

Post a Comment