Wednesday, December 26, 2012



The first day of Christmas break required something special for breakfast, Jacob mentioned French Toast, and I thought it was a splendid idea! However, I had never made French Toast (much to his dismay) so I boldly (sort of) told him that I was, "...going to do it!" He said okay, wished me good luck, and went into the living room to kill people (via X-Box Call of Duty - Modern Warfare). 

I hastened to the computer to find a good recipe... one "not so ordinary", and I stumbled across one that had both *Vanilla* and *Honey* in the title. El-yummo! It sounded great!

After adding some different twists here and there, which the recipe below includes 
(aka Yankee Ingenuity), the French Toast turned out splendid! I also added some sausage and eggs (as you can see in the picture above), and called the husband to the table for breakfast.

Shazam! It was a HIT! 

One more "SCORE" mark on the imaginary "MY WIFE IS AWESOME" board that I *believe* my husband keeps somewhere in his head. Oooooh ya! 
Vanilla Honey French Toast
Serves 4
8 slices of bread (thick bread is better, but you can use regular bread as well. Just don't soak it as long)
2 tbsp unsalted butter
3 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup French Vanilla Coffee Creamer (or any other creamer of your choice)
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Beat the eggs together with the milk and cream. Add the vanilla, honey and cinnamon and whisk to combine thoroughly.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and melt half of the butter on the skillet. Meanwhile, soak each piece of bread in the egg mixture for 5-10 seconds (depending on thickness of bread). When the butter begins to shimmer, add the bread to the skillet, leaving space between each piece. Cook for 2-3 minutes, each side, until the toast is golden brown.
3. Place the cooked pieces of toast on a cookie sheet in the oven to stay warm while cooking the remaining pieces. Serve warm with butter, maple syrup or jam, and fresh berries.

1 Comment:

Krys said...

Brovo! Britt! I like the "My Wife is AWESOME" score board :)and I can't wait to try the french toast! Love you guys - Krys

Post a Comment