Tuesday, June 26, 2012

So a few weeks ago I found two of these end tables at the end of someone's driveway in the trash pile. I brought them home and started sanding them down. Eventually... I plan to stain them a deep, dark color and put them on either side of our bed. I asked Jake if this could be a project that we could do together... because sanding by hand takes a lot of time, I found out! Haha!


I got some lime green polish, and thought it would be fun to do watermelon! It was!  

There was a CUTE little lizard thing in the garage the other day, and both Jake and I watched him eat a fly! Cool!

So... the other day Jake asked if I would get him his shoes. I said, "Sure, what ones?" His reply: "The black ones." Uhhh! Such a guy!

I took this after getting ready to go to church last Sunday to send to Jake... he had to work (sad tears) so I had to go alone! One of my friends and I sang"Goodly Heritage" together for Father's Day... I think it went well.

These are the three Brittany's at church! Brittany Frederick, Brittany Ingerson, and Brittany Brown. They are both some of my very good friends here! 

So... I wanted to try painting my old, paint-chipped earrings, so I used a bit of Yankee Ingenuity to do so.

I used my pink finger nail polish. I think it turned out well. I still haven't finished the other one though... someday, haha! Can you tell I'm a procrastinator? 

Here's our attempt at a self-portrait on one of our date nights at the Chinese place.

And here's the result of having our nice waitress take it for us :) Much better!

Jake gets a nice Marine haircut every week. We've become good friends with Miss Wanda Brown. She does a great job, and keeps Jake and I company during the hair cut. He just looked so cute sitting there, I had to take a pic!

So... I changed the picture over our table, and I like it much better! It makes everything so warm and rich!

Here's a close up. I got it half off at Kirklands (one of my FAVORITE stores!!!).

I got this vase for $.50 at a yard sale, and the place mat was FREE!

I also got the apple basket for $.25, the pitcher for $6.00 (at Marshalls), and the green leaves for $4.00 at a yard sale. Oh, and the pitcher is meant for my utensils, but I stuck my dollar tree flowers in there for now until I find something to make with them!

I got this basket for $.75 that we now keep our bread in...

This little vase was $1.00. Not sure what I'm going to use it for yet, but I stuck it here for now!

And these are my new running shoes that Jake got for me!!! But now... he actually EXPECTS me to use them!!! Imagine that, huh? Just kidding. I have them on right now, as a matter of fact, because as soon as he gets home in about a half hour, we're going for a run!

He got some too... they are great for running and hopefully won't give me shin splints!

Oh... and this was $.50 as well. Just adds a bit of color and bling to our kinda boring house. But it's getting decorated little by little! Hurray for yards sales!!!

All for now! Love you all!

2 Comments:

Abby Comstock said...

Ahhh! I love your kitchen stuff! So cute!

That's cool with your earrings. Let me know if it works well. Kayla did that with a ring of hers and it looked really cool. I might have to try that.

You need to come visit me or me you Britt. I need to see you! I miss you!

Krys said...

The picture you bought looks much better than the one we tried to paint :) Ha! Ha! We tried anyway & had a little fun.
Love you both!

Post a Comment