Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hello, Folks! I am finally making some time to put this blog post on!

Jake and I have been keeping busy. He just finished a course at work that teaches you to become a shooting instructor, so he was very excited to have almost a whole month to shoot guns! And next week he gets to put into practice what he learned and teach shooting at the range. He's very excited!

I got these beautiful frames for my bridal shower, however, nothing I have in the house right now matched the silver, so I painted them black (the picture in the back has been painted) and I was very happy with how they turned out. I kept a tiny bit of the silver showing through so it would give it a vintage type look. I like it!


This is just a picture of Jake's profile. I love his profile because it's incredible manly. He looks so good serious! 

I bought a few vinyl wall decals on Amazon (they are SOO neat and inexpensive too!) and I finally put two of them up!

Then I printed out a few 8x10 photos from our wedding and made a little collage around the edge. I'm still waiting to buy picture frames... but this is a start for now!

I hope to sew a runner for my hope chest and decorate the top of it really pretty. 

 Ah yes... Jake with his blue lolly pop. 

Too adorable to not post! I love him so much!

On the 5th Sunday we had a potluck at church and before the next service started, he went to the truck and took a nice nap! Again... he's SOO handsome and adorable!

 I moved my sewing machine upstairs into our guest bedroom. We did have our air mattress in there, but it sorta... broke... so I figured I'd make that room my craft room until we have guests again. I am still needing to organize everything, but it will happen, and once it does, I'll take pictures!

We also rearranged our living room, we like it a lot better this way! 

This is another one of the vinyl decals that I bought. I plan on putting something over the text, I just haven't yet!

When the Ingersons were here, us girls went out to a few yard sales on Saturday. It was so much fun! Mrs. Ingerson bought me the yellow rod iron wall decoration, the picture frame was FREE and the Dream and Laugh (hidden) plaques I got for $.75. I painted the rod iron thing black, and I'm thinking of putting that above the Bless This Home text, just not 100% sure yet. I need someone tall (Jake) to help with that, so we'll see when it happens! 

She also bought me this neat wall decoration/quote which I love! I haven't found the perfect place for it yet, but I will! 


The other night I was a bundle of energy and needed to get out, so we took a walk to a local park that we had run/walked by in the past but never stopped at. I had a BLAST and I think Jake had a blast taking pictures of me being a dorky kid! 

 Say no to the duck face!! Hahahaaa....

I had fun trying out some of my old gymnastics moves on the bars. I realized that I'm not nearly as strong and flexible as I was when I was 12, haha!!!!

 He got a kick out of my messy hair. For some reason he thinks it's "cute". I don't see cute in this picture... 

 This past weekend was HOT!!! After we got done working out/running/roller blading, Jake hooked up the hose and we got wet! It was so fun and refreshing... and I'm pretty sure any neighbor watching thought we were crazy! 

Hehe!!!! I love him!

Jake had fun getting me!

 SSSSTTTTTOOOPPP!!!!!!

The aftermath: Two wet kids who felt a whole lot better!

And that's all for now, folks! Thanks for reading, and don't forget to comment!!! It makes our day to know that people are reading and enjoying our blog!

2 Comments:

Comstocks said...

Man. I laugh so hard each time I read your posts. I LOVE the header and the stuff you did with the walls! Too cute! I agree Britt, you got a pretty handsome dude!
- Jen -

hopeforsavannah said...

Love the pictures! I enjoy keeping up with all the fun in your life! What a blessing. I have created a blog for Savannah: hopeforsavannah.blogspot.com
Life is a roller coaster ride with her, but...God is good, all the time!

Post a Comment