Friday, March 9, 2012


So, I told you I was going to try to make something out of pistachio shells, so yesterday I finally got to it! I looked up pistachio shell craft ideas on Google and this is what I found! SUPER CUTE!

First things first! I learned this the hard way! You must wash the salt off of the shells, or the glue will not stick!

Then you lay them out to dry. 

First, cut out a circle using some somewhat thick cardboard. I used a canning jar lid for this circle.

You must start out with a good center to build around. This was the hardest part of the project, but once I got it done, it was simple from then on.

Done! When Jake came home and saw this... he was so impressed! Haha, he kept commenting on it all night. It made my day! He's so sweet!

Yes, a hard day of crafting needs to end well! We cooked up some chicken breast and mixed vegetables and threw in some raw veggies to make a yummy meal!

When the Big Boy gives a thumbs up... you know you did good!

Okay... so the neighbors moved away and left a mountain of "stuff" at the end of their driveway. I walked over this morning to see what I could find. I found this lamp and wondered if I could do anything with it...

I also found a bunch of paint! Yaaa! This stuff costs money, so I was excited and I know I can use it for my crafty ideas!

I also found this basket... which looks a little rough, but I cleaned it up and plan on sewing a liner for it.

Ya... looks a little rough too. But I have plans! I'll post them once I'm finished!

I bought these paints about a week ago and I've already been able to use them!

So the yellow and polka dotted part on the lamp just wasn't my style!

So I painted it with black paint, then took a napkin and daubed on some brown paint.

I used some of the spray paint I found and painted the lamp shade black...

However... I wasn't thrilled with the "new look" and decided I would also toss it in the trash. Oh well, it was fun trying!

All for now! PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!

7 Comments:

Unknown said...

I personally love the bottom half of the lamp. I know you don't like red so maybe like a purple/maroon to match the little part right near the bottom...I dont I am not much of a crafty woman but just an idea :) Love the pistachio flowers..will have to write that one down

Anonymous said...

Totally cute craft Britt!!!

Jo

RinskiiJoy said...

ooh!! That craft is totally 'dorable! :D

Abby Comstock said...

I love your posts Britt! They're so fun! I love the pistachio flower thing! That is really cool!

Keep up 'da good work Bob.

- JNC -

ThComsHouse said...

WOW! a Goth Lamp! I'll give you $27.95 for it.
Deal???
Love Dad

Kristen Cochran said...

Brittany,
You are so creative! I love it! I really enjoy reading your blog and being able to keep up with you both.
~Kristen

hannah said...

Cool flower! I think I might try it sometime. =)

Post a Comment